Thursday, October 28, 2010

St. George Visit

The last couple of days I was in St. George especially to greet Katsumi's on his 90th birthday celebration. I had late lunch Monday with Mom Marilyn and sister Hien and my Mother at Ichiban. Later that day I went to see Frank who just came out of the hospital from a successful surgical procedure. Afterwards the Beller's, Jim and Mary prepared a sumptuous steak dinner at their residence. Roger and Peggy Soukup welcomed me and my mother to stay at their beautiful house in Ivin's.
Tuesday was an equally busy day. Had early coffee with the Soukup's then went to visit some friends. I had seen my old grandfather Hugh, Mom Marianne, Opa John, and Helen. I was told earlier that I have to proceed to my favorite restaurant Beijing for lunch. I was surprised that a large number of friends were there waiting for me. It was a very meaningful reunion with friends. I was told later that when they heard that I am coming to St. George, through word of mouth they spread the news that's why a good number of friends showed up to see me even just for an hour.
I am fortunate that in the very short time that I was in St. George, God has blessed me with True friends who make me feel loved and important. I thank God for all those who considered not only as spiritual father but a dear Friend as well. Those I was not able to see, hopefully, I will also have the chance to see them. Praise God for the gift of friends.