Monday, August 10, 2009

Gospel Reflections of the Day John 12 : 24 -26

"Unless the grain of wheat falls on ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat, but if it dies, it produces much fruit." Jesus tell his disciples in the gospel reading today. Jesus reminds us of his sacrifice on the cross to save us and give us eternal life. It is only through the cross that Jesus won over sin and death. To have a successful life we need to die within ourselves. If wish to have a strong family ties we need to spend time, to talk to members of our family. If we want to deepen our relationship with God we need to spend time in prayer, to actively participate in the celebration of the Eucahrist each day. If I want to deepen my relationship with the people I serve, I need to spend time with them, to talk to them and to listen to them and not isolate myself in the little corner of the world I created for myself.
There is only one way that leads us to success in everything we do, that is to DIE within ourselves, to sacrifice, just like what Jesus did.