Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Word of Thanks

A week ago Roger and Peggy treated me to a sumptuous lunch at my favorite restaurant in town. And they handed me the proceeds of the weekend Bake Sale for the victims of the twin typhoon Ondoy international codename KETSANA that devastated the capital city Metro Manila and her neighboring cities and provinces and the typhoon Pepeng international codename PARMA that left huge damages to crops, properties and hundreds of people died in the northern part of Luzon.
I was overwhelmed and humbled by the success of the Bake Sale. I could not describe the joy I felt because of the outpouring of support and love from the parish community. The number of men, women, and young people who took part in the said event and gave their time, talent, and resources were so amazing. Words are not enough to express my gratitude to all of you who showed your love, care and concern for me and my family and villagemate back home. I am truly blest because of your generosity and kindness. My sincerest thanks to all of you.